- Dad can be the one to read baby a story every day.
- Dad can be the one to bathe baby.
- Dad can be the one in charge of getting baby ready for bed for the night.
- Dad can be the one who puts baby to bed.
- Dad can be the one who gets baby out of bed in the morning.
- Dad can be the one who is in charge of getting baby dressed and ready for the day.
- Dad can be the one who snuggles baby at dinnertime while Mom gets to have both hands free to eat.
- Dad can be the one to take baby out for a walk everyday, whether it's going through the neighborhood or driving to the mall, store or other indoor space and walking there.
Newborns spend a lot of time with Mom in the first few' days and weeks after birth. This helps Mom and baby connect well or bond. While Dad isn't the one who can nurse baby, there are still lots of things Dad can do to bond with baby.