Exercise and pregnancy go hand in hand. The benefits of exercise during pregnancy are significant.
- Reduced constipation
- Better sleep
- Helps to keep weight gain at appropriate levels
- Increased strength and endurance
- Reduced risk of gestational diabetes
- Reduced risk of high blood pressure
- Helping baby settle into a good position for birth
- More energy
- Stress reduction
- Improved mood
I encourage all the clients I serve to exercise because the benefits are too great to miss out on. Labor and birth require strength and endurance. Regular exercise will go a long way to help with being prepared for the demands of labor and birth.